Design & Delivery of Series Production Test Systems for New Products by Research, Design & Development of Standardised Test Strategies to meet Project Milestones. Work as directed by Test lead and Test Engineering Manager to provide efficient & effective Test solutions.
- Drive Test Engineering best practices including S/W & H/W standardisation from Prototyping through to Series Production.
- Deliver all projects as per Industrial Test Engineering Guidelines (GSI-RD-H01-0000-540):
- Provide requirements to DFT, DFMs, process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEAs) & Design Reviews
- Support STI spec deliverable with R&D project team member (PTM)
- Complete Coverage reports
- Develop Test Engineering Specifications
- Deliver Technical developments to support Test requirements
- Complete and Ensure acceptable Capabilities and GRRs on all measurable parameters identified in the STI and resultant Tester Specification
- Create Gold Parts and deploy Good and Bad Parts
- Maintain and drive improvements on all products in production that you own the Test Specification for.
- Work closely with Test Engineering & Project Teams in delivering new projects to Production with clear focus on Cycle Times Targets, First Time Yield, Direct Labour and Test System Efficiency/Utilisation.
- Provide training to Technician/Engineering Group as part of Project handover to Production
- Support Product Line Development and Open Issues
- Support New Production Equipment Deliveries
- Keep track of and submit annual budget requirements
- Support process Camera Assembly and Test Process owners on standard adherence and maintenance
- Development/ Integration/ Testing of cutting edge technologies and latest communication standards to the clients Test Framework
- Ensure all Software supplied by you or 3rd party are sufficiently tested as per best practice before deploying to production systems
- Ensure all software is version controlled and has a traceable change history.
- Drive Test Engineering best practices within the S/W, H/W & Mechanical Engineering Design Teams.
- Develop Test Sequences on existing Bespoke Test sequencer and NI Test Platforms.
- Integration of Test applications to Automated Production Processes
- Liaise with Design Engineers (Hardware/Software & Mechanical), Process Engineering in the Design, Development and Delivery of Test System Solutions and provide input/updates to DFT, DFMs,PFMEAs & Design Reviews.
- Specify and Design test fixtures, considering Poka Yoke techniques, etc.
- Support design and development of all fixturing required for your process
- Where relevant all equipment must be CE compliant
- Generation of Qualification Plan and statistical data to validate product test strategy
- Ensure the 4M process is strictly adhered to and that where relevant changes are presented to the PCCB and/or Technical committees
- Ensure the IQ, OQ and PQ process are strictly followed
- Ensure where relevant the deviation and ECR/ECO processes are strictly followed
- Timing Plans required for all projects
- Best Documentation practice to be followed at all times
- Generation of Technical & Training documentation
- Degree/Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Mechatronics or Equivalent
- Minimum 4 Years Experience within Electronics Manufacturing Environment (ideally Automotive Electronics)
- NI LabView and TestStand Experience with Certification considered beneficial.
- Software Programming Skills – C, C++, Batch programming or similar.
- General Software Packages skills – Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, etc.
- Experience with Protocol standards GPIB, RS232, LIN, CAN, Ethernet & WiFi.
- Experience in Video Standards – LVDS, NTSC, Ethernet.
- Experience with Automation equipment (Sensors, I/O, PLC’s, Robotics).
- Experience in document writing is required, i.e. procedures, specifications, reports, etc.
- Experience with CAD packages, CadStar, SolidWorks, etc would be beneficial.
- Experience with In Circuit Test and Principals would be Beneficial.
- Must have excellent debug and problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of generating and understanding Capability and R&R reports.
- Project management skills would be Beneficial.
- Knowledge of DFT/DFM requirements for PCB and Final Assembly Required.
- Mechanical Engineering principles Experience would be Beneficial.
For more information please call me on 087 9728431 or email@example.com