Galway based Client looking for a SW Engineer to join their team, amazing opportunity with a super client here in Galway.
I am looking for an Intermediate Java Software Engineer to join the development team. This team is responsible for the clients development within the EMEA region. The successful candidate will work within a team using the latest tools and techniques to develop new customer orientated solutions using microservice architecture, stateless, Restful, API-driven models. This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone looking to expand their exposure and gain exceptional experience with evolving technologies. The ideal candidate will have a passion and flair for development, an innovative thinker who thrives on the challenges of learning new technologies and enjoys working as part of a highly skilled and project orientated team. My client run projects in a close team environment, resulting in excellent experience opportunities, exposure to evolving technologies, project methodologies and dedicated talent development programs with opportunities for future career opportunities.
High level Breakdown of Responsibilities:
• Design – working with Product Management and Project Management on new product design architecture.
• Development – taking designs and making them happen. Development and testing using strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
• Building high volume platforms - linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
• Quality Assurance – developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
• Project Environment - Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with collaboration across software stacks.
• 3+ yrs experience with Java/JEE application development
• Proven experience developing high quality, secure, scalable, and maintainable applications.
• Experience in the development of scalable enterprise applications and REST microservices, using microservice architecture principles
• Understanding of Windows, UNIX/Linux operating systems and programming environments
POSITION PROFILE: Java Engineer
• Strong coding skills with proven ability, knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough
• Knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
• Experience of Agile Systems development techniques as source control, using Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), Git tooling
• Experience of Spring (MVC/Boot/Security/Cloud)
• Experience in creating and using RESTful APIs.
• Ability to debug server-side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of Cloud Native Development such as AWS
• Knowledge of Windows Server and bash scripting
• Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
• Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking
• Experience in Database Design and proficiency in SQL language
• AGILE SCRUM work environment
• Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment
• Working with cross-functional teams to design solutions - recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
• Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential