The Sales Manager – will be responsible for developing Sales strategies/plans and managing the Sales Team ( 3 Account Managers/3 internal Sales Executives) to achieve the Sales budget and business performance objectives in line with the Group strategy. This role is based in Tuam, Co. Galway, Ireland.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Develop mid to long term Sales strategies and plans to support sustainable business growth.
• Manage the Sales team by setting detailed Annual Budgets and individual performance objectives. Conduct performance reviews.
• Meet Sales Budgets by training, mentoring, motivating, and leading the Sales team.
• Assess team training needs and create career development opportunities for all.
• Sales Pricing/margin management.
• Develop, monitor and present Sales Forecasts for production scheduling and Sales Budgeting.
• Key Account Management including the negotiation of Sales Agreements and generation of effective written proposals and tender documents.
• Maintain existing business while identifying new business opportunities including new Customers, Products and Product categories.
• Lead Sales meetings and attend/contribute to management meetings.
• Track, analyse and report Sales versus Budget on an ongoing basis.
• Assist the Marketing team to develop Marketing strategies/plans and drive effective campaigns/promotions.
• Support the publication of on-going customer communications including newsletters, Marketing collateral and feedback surveys.
• Oversee the event calendar to commercially promote brand awareness and increase market share.
• Travel to customers, networking events, trade shows and business conference/meetings as required. Some international travel may be required.
• Manage an exceptional level of order processing and customer service.
• Comfortably deal with issues which may arise with direct reports and/or Customers.
• Work with Production/Logistics team to maintain adequate Stocks to ensure customer needs are met.
• Accurately complete and submit Expense reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Science or similar desirable.
• Minimum 5 years Sales management experience in a similar fast paced environment is essential.
• Proven personal Sales record.
• Successful track record in People Management.
• Commercial Marketing and Merchandising experience.
• Well-developed IT skills (MS Platforms, CRM, ERP, etc)
• Advanced negotiation and sales skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly organised and detail oriented.
• Customer Focused.
• Time management and task prioritisation skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
For more information please call me on 0879728431 or firstname.lastname@example.org