This role presents a great opportunity to collaborate with the clients R&D and Commercial teams to deliver on strategic growth plans through the advancement of the current and future Product technologies. The role will support the initial Design stage gates while taking the lead to deliver the final stage gates. In all cases the role is expected to challenge and improve Manufacturing systems as enablers to advance project execution. The role will be in a typical office environment with work also performed in Manufacturing areas in addition to supplier locations.
• Lead NPD and Manufacturing project tasks from product initial concept to Release to Sales to deliver Patient focused Product enhancements.
• Early design stage involvement will include working with R&D and supply chain on supplier selection and qualification plans.
• Completing product and process changes through Process characterization, process validation, change control and documentation updates.
• Later design stage involvement will collaborate with Regulatory, Commercial and Production to prepare for regional registration and release to sales with the creation of BOM’s, labels and Manufacturing documentation.
• Troubleshooting with cross functional teams including Quality Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and R&D.
• Identification of product / process improvement opportunities through design stage gate review activities.
• Evaluate proposed changes to equipment / processes / components in relation to the impact on product quality, safety, stability, performance, or waste technology.
• Perform other assigned tasks as directed by Supervisor or Head of Function.
Education and experience
• Level 7 qualification in Engineering, Technology or Science along with a Trade certificate and minimum 8 years’ experience.
• Level 8 qualification in Engineering, Technology or Science with minimum 2 years’ experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated decision-making competencies.
• Very strong organizational, Project Management and communication skills.
• Microsoft Package skills - MS Word, Excel, Project etc.
• Experience in Process characterization, Validation and statistical methods.
• Meticulous attention to detail with a methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Flexibility to travel to vendor sites to support service and project activities.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with little supervision or daily direction.