Based in the west of Ireland, I am currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join a growing company.
The Mechanical Design Engineer position is based within the R&D department and will form an integral part of a cross-functional team developing next generation vision systems for the automotive market. This is a diverse position where the successful applicant is accountable and drives all the mechanical aspects of their project(s), to deliver robust designs on time and within budget.
- Research and develop mechanical design solutions for Advanced Driver Assistance Sensors including cameras, ECUs and domain controllers.
- Hands on approach to prototyping, bench testing, data gathering and debug analysis.
- Analyse customer and functional requirements specifications in order to define performance criteria to be achieved.
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) activities.
- Support technical architecture and standards assignments.
- Design 3D models and prepare definition files for products, prototypes and test means.
- Create 2D drawing with functional dimensions according to ISO standards.
- Leads design activities with internal and external contributors.
- Leads tolerance analysis activities and resulting dimensional optimisations.
- Define and identify functional and critical characteristics.
- Support project planning.
- Manage project documentation in the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database.
- Interfacing across a multidisciplinary environment in a clear and effective manner
- Technical communication with customers and suppliers.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design or equivalent
- 1-5 years experience in Mechanical Design.
- Problem solving techniques and methodical approaches to the same.
- Experience in developing 2D drawings and 3D designing using 3D CAD.
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can work well alone or as part of a design team.
- The person must be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment, initiative and quality of workmanship required within the R&D environment.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Experience in an automotive environment.
- Experience in developing products for high volume manufacturing.
- Tolerance investigations and stack up analysis experience.
- Tooling and moulding experience - ability to identify and suggest part improvements.
- Detailed Drawings and Drawing Control inc. GD+T.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC.
- Experience defining, conducting and analysing simulations.
For more information please call me on 0879728431 or firstname.lastname@example.org