Based on site with my client in Galway, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the performance (quality; output volume & cost) of the manufacturing processes for the clients production lines. They will provide technical and operational support by developing processes using Lean principles to allow for safe, effective, and efficient Production. The successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to all areas of the business by supporting the Quality, Operations, Health & Safety & R&D departments.
Reporting to the Operation’s Manager, your responsibilities include;
• Responsible for the Productivity and Performance of the Evolution production Lines.
• Carry out cost saving engineering projects to add to the sustainability of the Evolution Products
• Develop product designs based on technical specifications using design for manufacture principles
• Monitor and execute continuous improvement projects
• Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
• Evaluate manufacturing processes & improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems in production
• Use ERP/MRP software to significantly aid the execution of improvement projects and manufacturing processes
• Undertake special projects as assigned by the management team
• Responsible for New Product Integration into production lines
• Develop engineering solutions to ensure Right First-Time principles, driving yield improvements, and quality.
• Review & Improve BOM costings through smart design techniques maintaining a high-quality standard.
• Work with key business stakeholders to assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities and implementing them using Lean Principles
• Ensure equipment and preventative maintenance procedures are effective
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled for the manufacturing process
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (L7) in a relevant discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
• 2-3 years’ experience is desirable but not essential
• Problem solver that is solution’s driven with a keen attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with various teams
• Understand manufacturing processes and have experience in a busy environment
• Working knowledge and experience of PTC Creo or alternative packages
• Excellent technical report writing, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to react and prioritise activities for the project/business need