New permanent role, based on site full time with my client in Galway, super company, excellent opportunity.
• Identify health and safety risks in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances.
• Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the transport business.
• Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain; promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
• Provide Manufacturing Engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of new product releases to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes - both product and process - into the plant and implement advanced manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
• Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
• Build relationships with the value stream assembly team ensuring al employee ideas and concerns are brought to resolution in a timely manner
• Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E ; Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
• Be proficient in problem solving using the 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve value stream issues.
• Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
• Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available re-sources in the process.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• At a minimum, an honours degree in engineering is required
• 5 years’ experience working in an Engineering environment.
• Accomplished project leader/ manager. Skill set in business case development and selling same.
• Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes.
• Relationship builder – Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
• Builds project portfolios – Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution.
• Self motivated – Self driven, Takes total ownership
• Communication – builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.