As a deep learning engineer, you will be responsible for the development of deep learning solutions enabling the next generation Automated Driving Platforms. Deep learning will be applied to classify all objects, road markings and surfaces in the vehicle environment. You will be responsible for the development of state of the art DL algorithms providing unprecedented scene understanding. You will be expected to remain abreast of technological developments in the rapidly expanding field of deep learning and its application in automotive.
● Perform state-of-the-art research into deep learning approaches, methodologies and tools.
● Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
● Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
● Work with data engineers and analysts to ensure optimal data acquisition, data integrity and data pipelines
● Support in definition of test and validation strategy
● Design, develop, train, and optimize Deep Neural Networks with a view to deploying on embedded platforms.
● Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
● Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
● Keep abreast of developments in the field
● Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
● Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
● Represent VVS at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed.
● Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise.
● Develop and maintain a relationship with university counterparts.
● BSc degree and 2+ years of work experience, or MSc degree and 1+ years of work experience, or PhD in any area with a focus on deep learning.
● Understanding of fundamental computer vision algorithms and approaches, with a focus on machine learning.
● Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
● High level of innovation and motivation
● Specialisation in Machine Learning preferred.
● Applied Deep Learning work experience preferred.
● Academic publications in relevant field
● Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
● Proficiency with Python, machine learning frameworks (Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
● Proficiency with OpenCV
● Familiarity with Linux
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work in a team
● Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
● Experience with parallel programming in CUDA, or OpenCL
● Algorithm development experience in robotics, sensor fusion, computer vision or applicable field
● Knowledge of UML design tools
● Experience developing software for embedded platforms.
● Experience with version control software
● Experience developing algorithms for autonomous and/or real-time systems.
● Experience with imaging or optics systems.
● Automotive industry experience.
For more information please call me on 00353 879728431 or firstname.lastname@example.org