This role of Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new and exciting role within the company, the successful individual will be responsible for the overall operations of the business. Experience within the Construction and or Utilities sector is highly desirable, with the individual preferably having worked their way up to an executive role. We believe this trajectory helps a person develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures within our industry.
The successful person will be tasked with embedding key structures within the business such as Operational Excellence, from order receipt through to project execution, staff retention and development, recruitment, EHS structures, functioning as part of the senior leadership team & last but not least driving the business forward.
The role is based at our Head Office, in Co. Mayo with responsibility for Operations nationwide.
We relish the competitive advantages a privately held company provides, including the ability to move quickly and execute without the need to answer to external shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
· Oversee company operations and delivery of Projects, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members can thrive and that organizational goals and KPI’s are met.
· Analyse internal operations and develop, promote, and achieve efficiency & LEAN improvements within our project delivery systems, processes & structures.
· Collaborate with the MD and board in setting and driving organizational vision, operations & strategy and translating this into actionable steps for sustained growth.
· Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention, whilst aligning resources to execute the company’s business strategic plan.
· Lead the development and introduction of new Clients, suppliers, products, and brands.
· Develop and build a high-performing team, and culture that is consistent with business values and supports the attraction, retention, and development of talented staff
· Ensure company policies and practices comply with relevant legal, statutory, and financial obligations and ensure they are implemented and lived throughout the company
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. This is not intended as an exhaustive list. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned in line with business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to function successfully in this position
· 3-5 years in a similar role
· Third-level qualification, ideally in an industry-related field,
· 10+ years’ experience in an industry-related role is desirable,
· Self-starter, highly driven, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude,
· Approachable & excellent team player,
· Able to form relationships with people across all levels of the company,
· Passionate about OPEX & leading change,
· Strategic thinker with the ability to empower their teams to deliver on their role without micromanaging them,
· Excellent leadership, communication, listening & written skills and be strong in presenting proposals to the organisation at large,
· Good financial acumen & demonstrated change management skills,